atari email archive

a collection of messages sent at Atari from 1983 to 1992.

another editorial comment from the net

(1 / 1)

From: [email protected] (Mike Hughey)
Newsgroups: rec.games.video.arcade
Subject: Re: Teens
Date: 12 Sep 91 06:12:41 GMT

In article <[email protected]> [email protected] (VGR) writes:
>    Apparently, Atari and Williams, being two of the smarter video game makers,
>are aware that the ideas for games were exhausted long ago.

Garbage.  The video game makers have simply stopped using new ideas for games.
There's a near-inexhaustible supply still out there; all we need is some
creative people making the video games, instead of the brain-dead people that
are at all of the manufacturers now.

Problem is, with a new game idea, the makers aren't sure how the marketing will
go.  If they simply do another kill-kill game, it'll sell exactly X amount, so
they can budget accordingly.  Marketing has taken all of the fun out of this
business.

Mike Hughey
Message 1 of 1

Sep 12, 1991